Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Wrestler

Some of you may have heard that my husband at one point in time was considering the art of Professional Wrestling as a career possibility. {I am happy to say that this was long before I met him!} When we were trying to decide on a name for our little Bubbas, Ryszard loved the suggestion made by his brother, TITAN, {Which I believe was suggested as a joke!}. I was none too thrilled about this name. I mean come on Titan??? Isn't that the name of a truck?!
"That's the idea!" said Ryszard. "No one will mess with a guy as big as a truck!"
I should have known right then that I was in for trouble.
We ended up settling on Brock. {Little did I know then that Ryszard had picked this name because of a wrestler: Brock Lessner} I just thought it was cute, and so much better than Titan! Well since Brock was a week old Ryszard has been doing little wrestling moves with him, quietly teaching him tricks and holds to use.
Today before church I was trying to get a picture of Brock and myself. Brock was somewhat distracted by the birds singing and the warm sunshine. But I did catch this:
If this isn't the face of a little wrestler in the making then I don't know what is! So Ryszard may be living out his dream through his son one of these days, {although if it were up to me I'd rather he go into a less violent sport, like bowling!} giggles :)
I also thought Brock looked totally cute in this picture. { Yes, I was in it too, but that's what I love about digital cameras and photo shop, I can crop myself out anytime I want!}

3 comments:

Kelly Tillotson said...

i love the spikey hair!! tom won't let me spike briggys!! (not that there is enough in the front to spike that high!)

marilyn said...

I like his hair too! Yep, he looks like a wrestler. I'm with you, I go for the bowler. Less hits to the face.

Ambler Fam said...

He is so cute!! He and Elly are gonna make such a cute couple. He he he.