Thursday, April 23, 2009

Should Be World Famous

I have loved poppy seed bread since I was little. {My Mom always made yummy homemade bread!}
I have been wanting to make some poppy seed bread for a while now, but never really had the time, nor all the ingredients. Last week I finally gathered everything up and made my Mom's poppy seed bread recipe. This is by far the best recipe ever, and should be WORLD FAMOUS!

Combine:
1 1/8 cups oil
1 1/2 cups milk
2 1/4 cups sugar
Add:
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. each of poppy seeds, vanilla, almond extract, and butter flavoring.
Mix together then add:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

mix together and pour into greased bread pans. *makes 3 med sized loves or 4 small and 1 medium. {I personally love the little bitty small loaves} Bake for 40-45 min. @ 350 degrees.

Warning: this is way yummy and you may find yourself eating a whole loaf all by yourself!
I love making a quick lemon glaze and pouring over the bread while it is slightly warm.

3 comments:

Ambler Fam said...

Sounds so yummy! I'll have to definitely try this one.

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

My mom and I have actually been making "Marilyn's" poppy seed bread recipe for YEARS!!! Ever since she put them in the ward cookbook we've been using it. I've even made it out here in Texas and people die over it! So, props to your Mom for a killer recipe :)

Becca and Kent said...

I love poppyseed bread! Thanks for the recipe!