Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tutu Heaven.

I have to admit that I have some of the cutest nieces around!
So for my trip to Utah I wanted to do something extra special for them. 1~Because I was attempting a new project and needed someone to give the end result to, and 2~ Because I needed something fun for them to remember me by.
So I decided to make Tutu's! It couldn't be that hard, right? I had the plan to make 6 in all. Three for , Katelyn, Alia, and baby to be {Julie's girls} and one for Julia {Karilyn's daughter and "my little twin"} I made Julia's first and absolutely LOVED it. {I seriously would have kept it for myself if I could have gotten away with wearing it.} Then Ryszard reminded me that I had to make one for Elly, {My great friends Amy's little girl and Brock's future wife! :) { at least that's what Amy and I are hoping for!} and then I wanted to make one to go with the diaper cake I'm making for Brianne. {Surprise, I told you there would be a hint coming up! But you'll have to wait for that pic!}
Now I could have said "What was I thinking?" like I did when I took on my vest making venture, but these tutu's actually turned out pretty good. I also wanted to run over to Westmore Park to do a photo shoot with the girls, but Katelyn put on both of her and Alia's tutu's and headed for the computer downstairs, but I got some cute pics of Julia in her tutu. Julia also wore her tutu to dance class and everyone couldn't believe that I made it. {Julia's Teacher: Where did you get your tutu? Julia: my Aunt made it for me! Teacher: No, she didn't!!!!} I loved hearing all about it when Julia got home! {Julia was so sweet, she wanted to wait until Katelyn and Alia came before getting her "surprise" and then of course time got away from me so she ended up having to wait another 4 days after that. But I finally found time to give them their gifts. Thanks Julia for being so patient with me!}
{This is the one I made for Julie's baby to be. Julia has these gorgeous, almost real, baby dolls so I borrowed one for the pic. The one for Elly was also connected to a onesie, but I forgot to get a pic.} But my tutu venture went pretty well. I just might make more in the future!

1 comment:

heidi said...

wow, those really look awesome! that was so sweet of you to do.