Thursday, July 24, 2008

Something Yummy!

I wanted to try something a little different last night for dinner. I'm loving the thought of mixing my veggies directly into the pasta so I whipped this up.

Zucchini Fettuccine.

1 box Fettuccine pasta

1 zucchini {grated}

handful of mushrooms {sliced}

1tablespoon butter

a pinch of minced garlic {2 cloves}

1 cup milk

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup cottage cheese{optional}

1 package of alfredo sauce mix.

salt and pepper

directions: make pasta according to package directions, set aside. In a large skillet saute butter, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste {4-6 minutes} Cover and set aside. In a small pan on med heat whisk together olive oil, milk and alfredo sauce mix. Bring to boil add cottage cheese {optional}. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain pasta and pour over zucchini mixture. Next pour in sauce. Toss well and serve!


{I went back for seconds on this one. I think it came out pretty good considering I didn't follow a recipe. If you don't like cottage cheese then simple don't include it, although you can't really taste the difference.}

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks good! Except we aren't zucchini fans. I bet I could put something different in it though. I wish I had you to cook for me!

marilyn said...

Looks yummy! And I love zucchini. You can't go wrong with pasta and veggies.

Katrina Witt said...

yum yum.. im going make it for din!