Thursday, July 24, 2008

A First Time For Everything.

I've been holding off bringing some toys out until Brock really started to become interested. Today I thought why not try out his activity gym?
Brock really liked it! He was very smiley and talking a lot!
Since he was so happy with that I thought maybe we should try reading a few of the books I have for him. {I know I know I should have started this sooner, but I wanted him to be a little older so he could see and touch the books} He really loved sitting on my lap and reading the stories. He was going nuts over "Hoppy Feet" {I actually have a pair of hoppy feet socks for him to wear while we read the book. They have rattles build in so you can hop along with the story.} Here are a few pictures of Brock enjoying our new activities!







5 comments:

marilyn said...

I love these pictures! Brock looks so involved with his toys and especially with the book. Keep it up. You know, that a child needs to have 1000 books read to them before entering school! Reading will come easier because they have already developed a love for books. That laptime is also very important to their development.

April said...

Brock is so cute! Reading is so important Riley loves when I read to him, I started before he was even born.

Jenn said...

He looks like he is totally into that book. I have always read to my kids. With each kid I started reading later and later in age, but never the less they all love to be read to and Erin loves to curl up with a great book. A great book to her would be anything about fairies. Great job. It is a great bonding time too! I have never heard the 1000 book thing though. Makes sense. :D

Becca and Kent said...

Yeah, reading to them is so important. It's so good that you are starting as early as you are. Up at BYU-Idaho, I work in the Reading Tutoring Center and it's so sad to me to see how many COLLEGE students don't even know how to read because they never developed that love of books.

Kelly Tillotson said...

Im going to start taking Briggy to the library for story time starting august 5th...its in Westfield.... but if youre in the mood--you and brock should join us! I love all the little kid books!!