Buckle my Shoe. In case you haven't heard, my adorable Brocky wears a brace. {And will for a few more years} Although he doesn't always love putting them on, mainly because he knows it means bedtime. he has started helping me buckle them up I actually really enjoy his help. during the process I always tell him that wearing his brace will help his feet stay corrected and straight so he can run, and jump, and play Basketball, and Football. he seems to be okay with explanation, so far.
I'm sure one day I will have to explain it better but for now I love how willing he is to help, and how easily he moves around even while wearing his brace. His bedroom wall on the other hand:
is
NOT loving the constant abuse of his nightly brace wear! I guess it's time to figure out how to soften the blow!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! If it makes you feel better, our crib isn't much farther behind the wall!!!
Wow! Another mom posted on my site how great she was at fixing drywall as a result of the "Ponseti effect" on the walls!
As I plot W's move out of his crib, I plan to make some padded wall cushions and secure them with heavy duty velcro squares. One will be like a headboard, the other along the side, both from thick 2" foam. I even measured my neighbour's son to see how wide W's braces could eventually be.
Of course, now that I want to toss W's crib, he seems to be sleeping well in it.
Good luck!
Post a Comment