EVERYWHERE!

This past weekend we took a little trip down to Pennsylvania to visit Aunt Louise and although I was hoping for some milestones to be met, I wasn't expecting anything.
But,
As all children seem to do,
Nicholas decided in his own time to sit all by himself, and then immediately after that crawl !
I guess a 4 hour drive gives you the need to stretch your limbs or in Nicholas' case just get movin'
I just put him down for a second and there he was sitting all by himself, and a moment later crawling towards Brock's toys. Seriously so fun to see!
We enjoyed many fun things during our visit:
A lunch at Cooper's Seafood House in Scraton,

{very yummy, yummy seafood fondue!} Aunt Louise treated me to a night out while Ryszard watched the kiddos. I think a Rascal Flatts concert was just what I needed!


We visited Grandpa Joe's grave where Ryszard was able to do a very beautiful grave dedication, that totally moved me to tears. {the boys had fallen asleep on the way there so it was very peaceful}

We then headed to the amusement park. {Enter Car ride picks}



And then we arrived at:

A place Ryszard had gone to when he was little. The whole way there he talked about the rides and when we pulled into the parking lot he was overcome with how "popular" it had become {I think that tends to happen after 30 years.} Where Brock tried his first merry go round.{not a good experience. Although I'm told that Nicholas thought it was pretty funny!} But we found a ball pit and he was happy as a clam!

We then tried a few other rides {a car ride with Daddy, and the Train with Mommy} all in all very fun. We've decided that we definitely want to go back when we have more time, are better prepared and when Brock is a little older! I enjoyed the Pickle on a stick, which I was shocked that Ryszard bought he said he didn't know what it was, maybe they deep fried it or something? just thought it sounded interesting. It literally was a pickle on a stick! Why Ryszard would think it was deep fried? I don't know, and even if it was, why would you get it? Ah well it was a yummy pickle!
Then onto Grotto's Pizza!
The boys have taken up my obsessive need to clean the table with wipes before we eat.
{no, Nicholas does not have any teeth yet, although these pics make it look like he does} He did enjoy some pizza crust though!
And also a traditional visit to Ollies. {local restaurant}
We had a great time.
I am now in the process of getting into a schedule. Well more of a schedule. hopefully with a little planning I can get things a little more organized around here
Wish me Luck!
2 comments:
I love love their matching outfits! My mom used to dress us in bright colors (usually orange) when we went to amusements parks too--to make sure she could keep us in sight a little better.
I ate eggplant the other day and remembered how last summer you shared a bunch with me. You are the most generous person. Thanks again for being my instant friend there in Mass. I needed you more than you can ever know.
I love their orange shirts! Sounds like you had a great trip. Love you
Post a Comment