Wednesday, March 4, 2009

9 Months Old

Brock has now hit the 9 month mark! I can't believe that in just a few months we will be celebrating his first birthday!
Brock's original check up was scheduled for Monday, but due to the massive amount of snow we got here on the east coast, I rescheduled it for today! He is now 22 lbs 14 ounces {just shy of 23 pounds which is what I was guessing} and he is 30 inches tall.
Dr. Franczyk, Brock's pediatrician, is very happy with the way Brock has been growing. Brock said hello to him when he came in the room and actually waved bye bye, for the first time when he left! {I always leave Dr. Franczyk's office feeling great about choosing him as our doctor.} Brock also had some blood drawn to test for anemia, I of course had to hold him very tight so they could get the blood and Brock didn't even flinch when they put the needle in but after a few minutes he wanted to get down and explore, {man I miss those days when I could just hold him on my lap, and he would just sit and take it all in!} of course we still had to get a little more blood so he wasn't able to get down and that made him mad. When we were all done went back into the waiting room to get things ready to go and he was happy as a clam crawling off towards another little boy in the waiting room. He's a tough guy my little Brock!
Brock loves to read his books. Here he is reading his "Counting Train" book from Nana Lunceford. He just discovered that the pieces come out and connect together to form a puzzle train. What fun!!!

1 comment:

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Wow! He's a big boy!!

And, he sounds very independent. What a smart little fellow reading a book all by himself!!