Friday, August 1, 2008

Totally random post on dreams!

I've always been a dreamer. In high school I had deja vu moments all the time when I realized the things I dreamed about the night before were now actually happening, and no it wasn't moments like: I rode the bus this morning, or hey I'm eating lunch with the same group of people I always do. but actual real deja vu moments. Like dreaming I got and 92 on my mid term, and actually getting a 92...
Mindy West posted on her blog about her husband dreaming that he was a dog, barking and everything {so funny!} and that reminded me of when I woke up in the middle of the night to turn and hug Ryszard and he slapped my arm away..ouch! that really hurt. I told him about it the next day and he said he had been dreaming that someone was trying to stab him and he was just defending himself. {point taken!}
And then there's me, I usually always know when I'm dreaming, something in my sub conscience mind telling me it's only a dream. And I always remember my dreams {ask Ryszard he always hears about the the next morning} funny thing is Ryszard tends to add on to the actual dream as if I'd forget what I was dreaming about. One night I had 2 very different dreams. One I was bullriding, the other I was mad at my mom cause she wanted me to serve some crazy dessert at my reception and I did NOT want to serve it. I was so mad that I was crying while giving in and making the dessert. The crying part woke me up. and I ended up telling Ryszard about both of the dreams I just had. The next morning Ryszard was talking on and on and I finally realized what he was saying. he was repeating my dreams, but not in the way I told them to him, he was mixing both dreams together into one. Saying I was bull riding and yelling at my mom to call the 8 second mark and she wouldn't and that made me mad, and then she made it up to me by making a jello dessert. {hello crazy husband, why would I dream about something crazy like that?} Serves me right for telling him my dreams in the first place, I should of known he would make fun of me.
Oh well, as long as it makes him happy, I'll keep dreaming away!

3 comments:

marilyn said...

I love Ryszard's interpretation of the two dreams. Funny! And sounds just like him. I bet he did it on purpose. Sorry I gave you such a nightmare.

Becca and Kent said...

That's pretty funny. Kent and I tell each other our crazy dreams in the mornings too, it's a fun little tradition and it helps to start the day off laughing.

One night I woke up because Kent was making chewing sounds and wiggling around while he was sleeping. The next morning he told me he was dreaming about eating popcorn and swimming. :D

another day in the life of... said...

Dreams are great! I sometimes wonder how we mix up reality and turn them into such crazy things.