Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Little Run Down Of Brock's Arrival

Ryszard an I are so happy to FINALLY have baby here! I was starting to get a little too impatient for his arrival. After church on Sunday, I was eager to get the ball rolling, so after feeling a few contractions I decided to go on a walk. While on the walk I called my mom and she had me put the phone to my belly and then talked to baby encouraging him to start making his way out! At around 9:35p.m. Sunday night, I felt a new sensation, (what I thought to be my water breaking) so we decided to head to the hospital. Sure enough I had ruptured and they admitted me. I needed to wait for a series of penicillin before they could really do anymore examining or start anything. (Sunday night was the longest night ever! Just being so uncomfortable and not being able to sleep and just waiting for 7:00a.m. to come around so we could start the Pitocin to get the contractions to move along faster because they weren't moving fast enough. By this point my contractions were getting pretty strong and my lower back felt as if it was hit by a mack truck. Despite my wanting to go all natural I gave into the Epidural after dealing with the pain for some 15 plus hours. At 1:00pm it was time to start pushing. Even though I was numb I could still feel the contractions (which felt more like cramping then) so the nurse encouraged me to push when I felt the need. A mere hour and 19 minutes later precious Brock was here. What a hard and painful process, but completely worth every minute!!!

2 comments:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Congrats-- I am so excited for you. I hope everything is going great for your little family..
I started a new blog for me AND my hubby-- my other one is just mine and more like a journal so I thought i would start a new one so check it out... http://caliandbrettsmith.blogspot.com

Brock is so cute!

The Anglesey Family said...

Its hard to go natural when they pump you up with pitocin. I thank god every night for the doctor who created epidurals. Congrats on such a cute baby.