My new little project to pass the time. I've decided instead of spending the extra money on "designer" fashions for the baby I'd rather create my own. From the beginning I've tried to buy very neutral basics for the baby. Lots of ecru and white, but that in it's self isn't very fun. So I made myself a pattern for a couple different styles of stars. "funky stars" as I like to call them, because they're not perfectly shaped. And let's face it I'm pretty "funky" myself! I finally finished stitching them today. I think they came out great! I used left over fabric from my burp cloth project, a few layers of muslin and some pellon, {to give them a bit more stiffness} stitched them together with some embroidery floss and Wha La!

My new funky stars to decorate with.
Some of the projects I'm thinking of:
A cute border of stars to go around the moses basket. Maybe one on the hamper. and my own little hand made mobile for the baby's crib. I'm also wanting Ryszard to cut some out of wood and turn into some peg hooks. I'll definitely have to post some pics of the finished projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment