Friday, April 16, 2010

Welcome letter from the White House!


Yesterday Nicholas received a Welcome letter from the White House. Can you believe it? Of all the big important things going, the Obama's took the time to welcome our little guy!


Okay so really I knew it was coming because I sent our all too cute baby announcement to them knowing that we would receive this in return. I thought it would be great for Nicholas' baby book. {I just wish I had remembered about this when Brock was a baby!}

Have you recently had {or are about to have} a baby? Want him or her to have one of these mementos too?

Get an Official White House Birth Greeting!

Even if you didn't vote for President Obama, you have to admit, a letter from the White House welcoming your baby into the world is a very neat thing for him or her to have.
Here's how to do it:
1. You must be a citizen of the United States to request one.
2. The request must be made after your baby is born and before he/she turns one. It takes 6 weeks to process the request.
3. Include your baby's name, address, date of birth (month, day, year), as well as your name and phone number. {Or just do what I did and mail them the birth announcement}

Mail to:

The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
Washington, D.C. 20502-0039


Nicholas loves his!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That´s way cool! I wish Obama would´ve been office when the twins were born. I´d love a welcome letter for their baby books. neat! Great Idea :)

Kelly Tillotson said...

that is so cool! i never knew they did that. i still have time to send one for ollie :)
thanks for the fun tip
*kelly

C Tam said...

HEY! That's great! I can still do it for my little guy--thanks for sharing the idea.