Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brock's Feet

Brock and I just returned from a follow up visit at Shriner's to check on his clubfeet. Dr. Mack said they look great! That he's standing up great and the pressure he places on his feet is perfect. We go back in 4 months. When Dr. Mack asked me if I had any questions, just one came to mind...
"Will you guys be here in 4 months?"
Our local Shriner's is one of the few that are up for discussion on closing. And although I've been a little concerned I haven't been too worried. Granted if they do decide to close the hospital it will still take another 9 months or so to get patients transferred ad taken care of. So in 4 months, Yes they will be here. Dr. Mack also told me that he does plan on staying in the area if the hospital does close. We are glad to hear about that because he has been great in treating Brock's feet.
I continue to massage and stretch Brock's feet everyday, ususally while I read to him. Brock has begun to take a few unassisted steps here and there, but I'm sure he'll be off and running by the time we go to visit Nana and the rest of the family in Utah this August. {If not I'm sure trying to keep up with his cousins will get him there!}
So now we are on to learning more words, like nana, and cousin, and maybe even Utah! Have to prepare my bubbas for our trip!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Yay! I am so glad his feet look good! Isn't it such a huge relief when you go and they say they are perfect!?!

marilyn said...

Great news! Can't wait to see you in August too.

Shawna and Daniel Bates said...

I am so excited that you are coming to UTAH!!! I can't wait to see you :) I totally want to play!!

Jo-Ann said...

Yay! I love to hear great feet news!

I don't even know if the Shriner's we see is one of the ones up on the chopping block.

I will pray that these kids will continue to be looked after regardless of what happens.