Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Teething!

For months now, every time someone sees Brock with his hands in his mouth they say, "oh he must be teething." I of course know he's not. Brock's hands have been in or around his mouth since he was a month old.
So last week when we went for his 6 month checkup I asked the doctor to double check his gums to see if he was teething yet or not, {meanwhile already knowing the answer is no} and the doctor agreed with me that Brock wasn't quite teething yet. "His gums are hard, but you'll be able to feel those teeth trying to poke through"
Sunday I noticed a little line on Brock's lower gums. It looked like a thread so I tried to fish it out, but it wouldn't budge. Then yesterday morning Brock was a little fussy, which isn't normal for him, so I looked at his lower gums again and saw two little marks that looked like teeny, tiny threads. I again put my finger on his gums and rubbed a little but this time I felt little ridges!

His bottom teeth are in fact starting to poke through! So as of yesterday Brock is officially teething!
For the past few days Brock has been turning himself in circles while on his back. {It makes me feel like putting him back into his turtle costume from Halloween!} Today when I went to check on him during his morning nap I found him like this: Sideways in his crib, Just chillin'! What a funny boy! Brock has also tried a few new foods this week.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

How fun for Brock! He's on his way to eating some steaks.

marilyn said...

Wow Teeth! Now the fun begins. Watch out while he is nursing. Ouch! Love your background! Very festive.

Anonymous said...

i hope he's a good teether...caleb always would get real fussy and a diaper rash like crazy and connor had nothing...the teeth were just there all of sudden. i just noticed yesterday that caleb is getting his first molar and another front tooth and on top of it he got an ear infection. he's not quite a happy camper.
btw, brock is such a cutie!