When I was little my Mom would make hot chocolate and gingerbread men cookies. We would invite all the neighbor hood kids over and munch away. As we grew up this tradition seemed to disappear. I was a senior in high school when one of my old neighbors said, "hey why don't you guys invite us over for cookies and hot chocolate anymore?" my response was probably something like "I think we're a little old for that don't you!"
Why did I ever think this way?????
Are we ever really too old for cookies and hot cocoa? When did we decide to forget about our childhood traditions, and "grow up"? I love traditions. I want to create traditions with my children and watch them grow up and pass those same traditions on to their kids. I think I have it in my head that next year when Brock is a little older, or when he understands things a little more, or maybe when we have our own place, and more room, etc. I guess if I continue to put off those "dream" traditions until there's more room, and more understanding, they may never come into actually being.
There are so many traditions that I want to be part of my family, {I guess I better get started!}
No comments:
Post a Comment