Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pre- K assessment!

Nicholas had his assessment today for preschool. While we waited in the gym for his name to be called he continued to lean over to me and tell me how scarred he was.
 "Mommy I am really really scarred."
I reassured him that it's okay to be scared sometimes  especially when you are surrounded by a whole bunch of people you do not know, but sometimes when we do things we are scarred of we end up getting something great in return.
I then told him how "after high school I decided to leave all of my friends and family and move across the country to be a nanny!.. I didn't know a single person and I was a little bit scared but because I was willing to do something scary I was given something great , and the was meeting daddy"   that seemed to put him at ease a little bit. and then a teacher came to take him up to the room he would be doing his assessment in. 10 minutes later and after walking him up to the room myself  he walked through the doors like a champ answered every question with excitement and even got to say hello to Brock's teacher from last year. 
I am constantly trying to put him in situations that might be a little scary (he is always with me so not to scary) to help ease his shyness without forcing him to be anyone other than himself.  I am excited to see how well he will adjust to being in preschool come fall.
Fingers crossed that he loves it as much as Brock did!
 

No comments: