My poor little guy. He was playing out side with his brother and Daddy Sunday night and Monday morning I noticed a few bug bites. I put him to bed Monday night not thinking much of it. Tuesday morning he woke up with his upper legs and bum COVERED in a rash. I was already up with Dallas who apparently had no intention of going back to bed so I handed him of to Ryszard and put Nicholas in a bath to help sooth the itching. (Nicholas has not taken a bath since he was 16 months old, so needless to say he was LOVING it) I then washed his legs and bum with a baking soda and water mixture to calm the itching and put some hydrocortizone on it once out of the bath. We then decided to take him to the doctor to confirm it wasn't something major. .
We gave him Benadryl (at the nurses suggestion) and he conked out. The
next day the swelling had gone down a bit and it wasn't itchy. I was
finally was able to get him into the doctor Wednesday evening 4:00pm) turns out it was in fact a rash
Hives
due to the sheer number of bug bites he had on his legs. With another
dose of Benadryl that night and he is now back to normal.
I have always said Nicholas looks so much like I did when I was little so I guess this should be no surprise. I was always getting the hives for no apparent reason. and mosquitoes LOVE me too. At least now we are more prepared ( I didn't have anything for allergies in my stash ) if in fact it happens again.
No comments:
Post a Comment