We started out with our Regular check up, which usually consists of measuring and stretching his heel cords, measuring the tightness in his feet and a watchful eye as he dose a few walks up and down the hallway. (Pretty much to see if his feet are staying straight and if he is walking on the outsides of his feet at all. Usually a 30-45 minute visit. After all that, we were sent over for x-rays. Which Brock did alone since I am expecting and not wanting to risk the exposure. He did great! (sometimes he has a hard time with new experiences if I'm not right there with him) We then went up to the Motion Analysis Clinic. Where he walked a lot! back and forth back and forth. and then they took a whole bunch of measurements.
How wide his hips are, the length of each leg, the angle of his feet, etc. Then it was back to more walking back and forth and back and forth, but this time with sensors to record everything.
(So fun) Brock also had Medical Photographs taken of his feet. So many fun new things and when I asked Brock what he liked best: "playing games". Shriners has a touch screen computer game and an Ipad that he got to play between tests.
Then later on we headed to the Dentist where both boys had a check up, and cleaning.
NO CAVITIES! and better yet no tears!
3 comments:
WOW, doctor and dentist all in one day? Way to pack it in! I love your new header shot btw, daddy and sons.
thanks courtney!
wow,that is so cool with the motion tests, I want Riley to get those! So have you gotten results? what do all of the tests tell them?
Post a Comment