Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 weeks pregnant and still going to the gym! WHAT!!!!!!

Everyday there is someone aka family, friends, gym mates, even strangers. who ask me how/ why I am still working out and where I get the energy to do so. Believe me it's not easy. Some days a slow 15 minutes on the treadmill is all I can take, other days it's like I have so much energy I have to remind myself to take it easy and that I am pregnant.  The days I skip my workout are hard days. I am tired and very cranky. The days where  I do muster up the energy to go to the gym (even though I am tired) I seem to have more energy and more patience. and to me that feeling alone is worth it. My boys have a lot of energy themselves, and some days it takes everything thing I have in me to get through without yelling and screaming at them.   when I frist started my get healthy lifestyle I would see cute prgnant women at the gym and say I want to be like that.
 

 I want to continue to workout and stay fit through my next pregnancy. Now I am that woman. I absolutely love going to the gym and getting smiles and "way to go
 from my gym mates on being there. Doing a full workout. Keeping my energy up and staying fit.  IT IS NOT EASY!   But I have it easier than most pregnant women. I have never once experiences "morning sickness" (thankfully)  and although I have days of pressure and being uncomfortable. I am never down for the count. So I will continue on. and yes I am still doing squats!  and I will continue to do so as long as I can. It's not about weight. (although It is always fun to see those numbers go down) it is about being healthy. About not letting my boys become faster and stronger than me while they are still young. (they will pass me up soon enough and then I will have no power over them at all). It's about feeling healthy and empowered, and good.    And don't worry I am taking it easy.  


2 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I never experienced morning sickness. You are very lucky and amazing! Love ya!

nanci said...

I think you are extremely smart to continue your exercise throughout pregnancy, as long as the doctor says it's okay. You'll probably have an easier delivery and quicker recovery because you are in good shape and your muscles are healthy. Way to go, girl!