Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ooohh, A Cake!

These are the words Brock exclaimed when he came downstairs and saw me playing with some diapers.
I was just starting a diaper cake for a friends surprise shower, and he must have remembered me making them before because I only had a few ready and he knew EXACTLY what it was going to be! He then proceeded to try licking the cake, but I stopped him before he could.
A diaper cake is my staple baby shower gift. I love making them they are so fun I also made a few burp cloths to go with it, and found some adorable booties at the gap for the new baby! and surprise no polka-dots. {I am obsessed with polka dots and usually find one way or another to included them in my crafty projects.} Actually come to think of it I think the card had polka dots on it so never mind!
Here's the final project all wrapped up and ready to deliver to the Mommy to be!
The cake contained baby ganics shampoo/wash, & lotion. {I love baby ganics!} 5 burp cloths in bright pretty colors, a pair of super soft leopard print booties, a floral crib sheet, a receiving blanket, and a fun outfit. All wrapped up with a bow!

Nicholas had fun playing on the stairs at the shower,
{Brock stayed home with Daddy} it was a good day!

2 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

So Stinking CUTE!!!!!!! And creative!

C Tam said...

That is a really cute diaper cake. I like how colorful! Can I know who is the lucky mommy who got the surprise shower? (I assume it was someone from the ward I might know?)