The first time Brock went down the full length of a slide was with his cousin Julia last August. I was 4 months pregnant with Nicholas and didn't want to even attempt the slides. Thankfully I have a beautiful willing niece who loves babies and was willing to be mini Mom for me. Brock went down one slide with her no problem. We went to a bigger, twister slide and Brock somewhat pushed her away and started going down himself. I thought he would come to the bottom completely scared and never want to go on a slide again. But I was so wrong. He loved it and has never wanted help since.
He isn't perfect I still need to remind him to SIT before he starts his downward adventure. I still need to remind him to stay sitting until he comes to the end. {Actually I would have never had to teach him that if it weren't for the crazy "big kids" who decided it would be fun to show him that they could stand up mid slide, climb back to the top and slide down all over again. Thank you "big kids".}I took the Boys to the park the other day and realized just how grown up Brock is. Although Brock knows I don't like him climbing up the slides, I did let him just to see if he could. And you know what...
He DID!
{I blame myself for getting him tennis shoes, with fantastic grip}
But I find myself in awe of all the things he has learned to do in just 2 short years. I can't wait to see the accomplishments yet to come.
2 comments:
Its like a riding a bike...Once they do it once....They will never go back!!! Brax loves the slide now.
what a great picture, so cute!
Post a Comment