Sunday, March 14, 2010
A Full Hour
That's what I got today. A full hour with Nicholas wide awake and chatting away. You see his usual routine is me changing his diaper to wake him up, feeding him, a big burp, a quick hello, and then he's back to sleep! But today he decided to stay awake and chat with his Mommy! A full Hour! I can't tell you how happy that made me to be able to sit and talk to my baby boy. While most Mom's are dying to get their newborns to sleep more so they can rest I am always trying to get Nicholas to stay awake. I'm sure his "sleeping all day" won't last much longer, but I am very grateful that I've had that extra time to spend with Brock one on one, while Nicholas is asleep. I was a bit worried about Brock being a little jealous of Nicholas and all that newborns need. But thanks to Nicholas being so easy going I've been able to have that special time with Brock, and happy day he helped me bake cookies today for the very first time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet perspective.... It warms my heart to hear a Young Mother say such things.
Way to be.
What a special day! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Post a Comment