Monday, February 8, 2010

Helping Mommy...

A few days ago I decided that a good way to help keep Brock occupied while I made dinner was to actually have him help. I asked Brock if he would Like to "Help Mommy" make dinner, nodding head and happy smile came next. So I pulled up a stool and got him situated. We then started putting a salad together. I simply handed him something and told him to put it into the bowl. We had lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and mushrooms. A very simple salad but Brock was super excited to help.
I love the simple pleasure this gave him and have decided to have him help me every now and then. So far I have only attempted his help with salads but that is enough for him!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

sweet post...your new banner is adorable.
=)

karilyn said...

When Julia was his age I let her wash grapes in a colander and then let her pick them all off and put them in a new bowl. Julia thought I was the best Mom in the world...naturally. ♥♥♥