Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why I love Target!

Yesterday was my 26th birthday! Thanks to all of you who sent me B-day wishes via phone, email and facebook! Sorry Mom and Tammy for missing your calls, my phone was still on silent from Sunday, Opps! All I really wanted was to go out to dinner with my family. But Brock had a little bit of a cold and feel asleep right when it was time to go so we decided to leave him home with Babcia. {I was hoping he would just sleep, and like a great baby he did} meanwhile Ryszard took me out to dinner at Olive Garden, yummy! I got the most delicious chicken and shrimp carbanara ever! so tasty!Ryszard also got me a new pair of jeans {1/2 price}, and some microwave popcorn {I love popcorn} also a strawberry cheesecake, {yum} and some chocolates. He is the best hubby ever!
Today I went to Target to exchange a coat the we had bought Brock for next year, for a bigger size. While I was there I found some great christmas stuff at 90% off! When I added the things I got today with the few other items from last week I had a total savings of $141! How much did I spend? Less then $15! For all of this:

Stationary and Envelopes {for next years holiday cards} 4 polka dot "Santa" boxes {these will hold special gifts from Santa}, 2 Bell bows, 48 Ornaments {in next years color shceme of Red, White and Silver}, stripped letters that spell out santa, and one J, B,R {our initials}, 3 Mini trees, a 25ft Holiday garland, 2 Stockings and a very happy me! With the Christmas stuff I have downstairs, I think I have everything we need except a tree! oh I can't wait!{this was today's finds}
Can you see why I LOVE Target?

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow- it's like you won the lottery :} I also love Target!

Liz Huntsman said...

Well, you've sold me for next year. I never go buy the "after Christmas" Christmas stuff ... and every Christmas I wish I had things like that (without having to buy them). I'm totally going to do it! TARGET ... HERE I COME (next year of course). :)

Kathy said...

I miss Target. It's too bad that we don't have them up here. I always find great deal on kids clothing there.

me said...

daaaang, you scored! i love target for that very reason also... i just wish that they would mark kids clothes off a lot more, then i'd never leave the store... hahahahaha.

happy belated birthday! 26 is a good age.

tHEsIXpACK said...

well Happy Late Birthday girl!! I wasn't aware that YOU and my SON share the same bday! :D he he way to go.. I love target $1 bins too

karilyn said...

Olive Garden is the best for dishes like that. Julia & I love that dish also, it is one of my all-time favotrites. I am glad you had a great birthday. Sounds like Target was a blast too.
Love,
Your big Sister

Ambler Fam said...

Can I just tell you how extremely dumb I feel. I so knew it was your birthday too cause I was talking to Ben telling him how great a friend you were always remembering us and I told him we needed to remember your birthday this year! AHHH FOILED AGAIN. I am a horrible friend I am so very happy you put up with my insanity. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! WE LOVE YOU!