,But at least I have a place to live.And maybe I don't drive a fast car like this:
But at least I have a car to get me from place to place, {mine just so happens to be my dream car, although I wouldn't mind upgrading to this:}
I may not wear fancy clothes, or own expensive jewelry, but I am thankful that I have clothes to wear, and the only piece of jewelry I really need/ want is my wedding ring. {which is pretty special in itself} Although I am thankful in general for most of the things I do have. I often find myself wondering why things aren't the way I "dream" them to be. So while the rest of the world is making their "New Year's Resolutions" I'm making the goal of counting my blessings and showing Gratitude for the things I do have.
"Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love." ~Bonnie D. Parkin~
3 comments:
Jocelyn you are on the right track. Elder Bednar said "Graditude enlarges the conduit for revelation." When we show graditude the Holy Ghost can comfort us and we feel peace and inspiration comes.
I love your example.
Jocelyn- I've enjoyed you blog over the past year- it's been fun watching your sweet little baby grow and learning more about your family.
Thanks for the wonderful advise and a great reminder for the new year-
Happy New Year.
Your a wonderful example to me! I'm thankful and greatful you came back into my life.
Post a Comment