Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Special Shoes!

I was just remembeing when we first got Brock into his special shoes {his brace to help his clubfeet}. His feet looked absolutely tiny, he was always finding a way out {Our own little Houdini}. But day by day his feet got bigger and one day I looked down and his feet had become way too big, his little toes creeping over the edge of the shoe. {they are open toe, so I wasn't too worried.} We then got a new pair ordered and just looking at them I thought his feet were way to little for those shoes. {Seriously the shoes were enormous}
But I put him into his shoes and continued on with our regular routine. The shoes are still a little big, but I find it fun to remember how teeny tiny his feet once were and how much they have already grown. So although these special shoes still seem huge, I know that in the blink of an eye Brock's toes will once again start creeping their way to and over the edge of the shoes.
Why I find so much joy in that I'll never know, but for now I'm loving every inch of this growing boy!

2 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Hi,

I stumbled on your blog today and wanted to say hello. My oldest son (six) was born with an atypical clubfoot. Because it is atypical, his journey is a bit different, but we have gone through a lot of what you are experiencing now.

I hope you don't mind, I am going to add you to my list of foot blogs and check in with you often to see how Brock is doing.

Jo-Ann

me said...

awe, we got jonas' new shoes this month too... he's in a size 3 mitchell... brock seems pretty big for his age, what size did he get?

i'll post some pics at some point of jonas' new shoes. hmmmm, maybe i'll go do that now.

:-)

~v