Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodbye... Hello!

My baby brother Mark enters the MTC {Missionary Training Center} today, to begin his 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Mark will be serving his Mission in Kennewick, Washington.
While we were in Utah, a few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to hear him speak in church. It was very touching. I am so grateful to have a brother like Mark who I know will strive to be the best missionary he can be. He knows who he is and what he believes, and I love that he has chosen to take 2 years of his life, and serve the Lord. I know he has prayed earnestly for this opportunity, and is now entering an incredible journey. He will make an amazing missionary.
Ryszard was also able to share some fun stories with Mark about his own mission/ mission life, I know Mark really enjoyed hearing those stories, and I think they helped him realize that every missionary is different. They all come from different situations, but they are all there for one purpose.
Mark has requested that we not send any pictures of his nieces or nephews while he's on his mission. {I guess he wants to be surprised at how much they've grown for when he gets home.}
So here are a few pictures we have of Mark & Brock from our visit to Utah!
And for my favorite:{Very typical Mark, he has always fallen asleep in the weirdest positions. } We love you Mark and are so proud of you! I'm so glad Brock has an Uncle like you to look up to. Can't wait to hear about your awesome adventures.
*{check out my Mom's blog for Mark's "rundown" of the last 24 hours}*

3 comments:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

I cant believe he is that old!! Thats crazy!

Teresa said...

First of all love the pictures. And today is the day- Oh, I hope your Mom gets lots of hugs today.
How exciting for your family-
:}

The Anglesey Family said...

I love Kennwick! My in-law live there and its such a nice area. We are actually going up there for Thanksgiving....So maybe I will see him up there. TTYL. Tiffany