
I've been very consistent with putting him right back into his shoes. {Knowing he needed to be wearing them as much as possible to continue the progress he has been making on his clubfeet.} Ryszard has taken to calling his escape "Prison Break" after our favorite show. But I'm proud to announce that after our visit to Shriner's today
Brock may not have to "escape" from his shoes anymore. Dr. Mack {who totally rocks} told us that even with all of his "escapes" his feet are doing great, that we haven't lost any dorsal flexion {which is what I was so worried about} and that from today on Brock only needs to wear his brace for naps and bedtime!

{WAHOO!!!!} I am so excited! Can't you tell? {Mainly because I won't have to spend 5 minutes here and there putting his feet back into those darn shoes!} Originally Brock was scheduled for another month of full time brace wear and then slowly decreasing the amount of time he had to wear the brace. But Brock has never "conformed" like the others. He has always done things HIS way! So I guess it shouldn't surprise me that he is doing so well, and that he gets to skip a few steps along the way! That's our Big Boy for you! {I'm sure it won't be long until he gets his feet into his mouth along with his hands.}
Also we wanted to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brock's cousin Riley
who turns one today! Brock had so much fun getting to know his cousin while we were in Utah.
{Brock with Uncle Sergio!}We helped celebrate Riley's birthday a few days before we left Utah and here are some fun pictures from then
!
{Don't you just love Riley's Ghost Cake!}
5 comments:
We're so excited about Brock's amazing progress. We love you!
How exciting! I bet Brock is excited too! I just want to sing "I'm Breaking Free" from High School Musical 2!
what great news! you guys are doing a great job (especially you, brocky!)
Wow! Can you believe it? All you hard work has paid off. I am so happy for you and Brock to be free (at least most of the time) of those shoes. Hurrah!
That is awesome!!! I am so happy that you don't have to worry about his feet wiggling out.
Post a Comment