A few days ago we set up a crib for Brock. It's been quite the experience getting him used to being in it. Yes he'll go in it just fine, but he's gone from sleeping 8-9 hours straight, to waking up 3 sometimes 4 times each night. Most of the time he just lays there banging his feet on the mattress, which wouldn't be so bad, but since he's still in the room with me, and because he has his Ponsetti Brace for his club feet, it gets very VERY annoying! So I get out of bed and pick him up, give him his binky and he fast asleep. Okay he just wanted to be held I can do that! So I sit in the rocking chair for a few minutes then put him back into his crib. One hour later he's banging again! this time I try nursing him to see if that will help him sleep, nope not interested, just wants his binky and for me to hold him again. So I hold him close sing him a few songs and place him back in his crib. Brock is sound asleep so I climb into bed and a minute later...{okay it was more like an hour later, but it felt like only a minute!} the banging starts again. So needless to say I'm a little tired these days!
Also Brock has been very interested in my food lately. I've been holding off starting him on solids until I feel he really wants/ needs more then just me milk. Well for the past few days he's been wanting to nurse more often, so I figured I'd give some rice cereal a try. He didn't like it much last night,

but I tried again this morning, and added a little bit more cereal to the milk. He must have thought I was giving him my food because he took it just fine today, and has been sleeping in his crib for a few hours now! So it's not official but I think my little boy is on the verge of starting solids



7 comments:
fun fun fun! i started briggy at five months and we've been doing great with it--because of brock's size, id say he's ready...i would really recommend avocado as his first food (after his cereal)...it is SOOO good for them and Briggy adores it...i would have never thought, but its by far his favorite! good luck, brocky!
i'm sorry, i know it's so exausting, keep it up.
everyone is different but if I were you I wouldn't pick him up during the night especially if he's not crying (even when I my babies were crying, they'd get over it with some time). it would take a few nights of not much sleep but more than likly he should get over this waking up stage & your both back to full nights sleep.
good luck & the first time feeding stage is so fun & cute, he looks adorable
We're dealing with the SAME thing!
Oh the baby adventures- good luck with all the new things- cute feeding pictures- :}
So the crib got up? Good, but you and he will get more sleep if he is in his own room. (hint,hint) What a character with his feet at night. Looks like he is enjoying his cereal! Good luck.
oh..I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL. I'm trying to get Nevaeh to sleep in her crib and it's about impossible! I'm so tired at night that I just let her sleep with me. I just wanna get my sleep! It's super hard and I haven't found a way to get her to fall asleep on her. Also, I'm trying to get her to stop feeding at night and that's another battle in itself. It's exhausting. As for the eating it seems like he's ready to eat some solids. so it's good you started him out on some cereal. Nevaeh hates it. But she started eating solids around 4.5 months
It's so hard when you've gotten used to sleeping and then bam! all of a sudden you're awake all the time. My suggestion - maybe he's just getting chilly - make sure he's dressed in warm jammies and the crib is not in a drafty area.
Post a Comment