Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mazol Tov

Yesterday I ventured out to Boston, or close to it anyway. I was able to attend a Bar Mitzvah for Jacob Klein. One of the boys, (or should I say man) that I took care of in my nanny days. Not only was I excited to be able to attend the service, I was also asked to read a passage of scripture. Of course I said "Yes!", but then thinking about it asked: "in English???" ( my Hebrew isn't too hot!) Of course it was in English and yes I did read the scripture. But the real honor came as we continued through the service and I noticed that the other scripture passages were being read by close family members, (mom, dad, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins) So that made me feel really special. The service was really amazing to be a part of and witness to. I am still amazed at how much Jacob has changed from the first day I met him. He has grown up so much and is truly amazing. (Not to mention that he was wearing a pink shirt for the Bar Mitzvah Service, Which I think totally rocks!) After the service was a traditional Kiddush, (somewhat of a luncheon) which Jacob's father, Ted, nearly prepared everything for. (Which doesn't surprise me, As I recall some of the parties they had while I was there. And all the great yummy food he always prepared for them.)
After that there was a space of 5 or so hours to kill before the Bar Mitzvah Celebration. And although I intended to try and do a session at the Boston Temple. I don't think I could have made it through another stand up sit down event. (considering I hardly got through the first one without having to run to the ladies room. And that's is a little inconvenient in the Temple.) So instead I went and visited some old friends still in the area, and did a little window shopping at the mall, but didn't find anything fun for baby. Well at least nothing fun that wasn't wicked expensive (a little Boston talk thrown in the for you)
But on the other hand I was able to get some cute scrapbooks at a local store for really cheap, which made my baby shopping disappointment a little better to deal with! (I intend on using a few of them to make scrapbooks for my mom and niece to take home with them after their visit, in June!) After waiting out the rain in the mall parking lot for a little bit. I made my way over to the Hotel for the Party. Then after some dinner, some dancing (mostly done by baby), and a lighting ceremony. I decided I better start heading back home. But all in all what a great day! (Even if I did spend nearly 14 hours away from my husband, on my day off!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have a blog too!! How fun. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Shawna and Daniel Bates said...

That is cool that you got to see the family you used to nanny for:) awesome!!!