Yesterday I was able to attend a baby shower for Kelly, a girl in my ward. I thought I'd try making a diaper cake, (hoping no one else had the same idea). Just thought I'd share how it came out. The cake is made from diapers, (obviously), tiered on top of one another, with a receiving blanket wrapped around each layer. The first layer has "lolipops" made from baby wash cloths wrapped around baby spoons. The second layer has a few travel pack essentials surrounding it. The top layer has a pair of shoes and a baby key ring. I also attached a little poem to the cake that read:
"Here's a cake made with love, though I wouldn't call it yummy. For what's inside goes on the baby, not in your tummy! Flour, sugar, milk and eggs will make a cake so sweet. But diapers blankets and baby shoes will make a handy treat!"
Not bad for my first one. Plus everyone thought it was great so that made it even better!
2 comments:
It turned out really cute Jocelyn!
THAT IS SO DANG CUTE!!!!
Post a Comment