As you may have heard Ryszard and I have put a few songs on our play list. (Mostly Ryszard, he's the computer person, not me). Anyway, a few people have asked me what the songs are all about, so here's the story...
The first song you hear, "Why Don't You Kiss Her" is somewhat the story of my relationship with Ryszard. We met in December of 2003 and dated off and on as friends for about a year, both of us really liking the other, but not wanting to be the first one to say it, not wanting to ruin the great friendship we had found in each other. Then I heard this song and sent the words to Ryszard and we both thought that it was too perfect!
The second song, "Greatest Story Ever Told" is my wedding song. The song that describes how I feel about Ryszard. Knowing that if I had looked the other way, I never would have found my prince.
"Through Glass", by Stone Sour is just an awesome song. I had Ryszard put on here because... Well, I like it!
Finally, "Razorblade" is a cover version of the song"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak. It's performed by the Finnish rock band "HIM", an artist Ryszard got me into. Ryszard usually had some song playing by HIM in his truck for just about every date we went on. Believe me, it's not for everyone, but it reminds me of some great conversations. It's also the song that we had played when we both came out together for our reception here in Massachusetts. So there's the story!
1 comment:
Thanks for explaining the songs. Now that I know the meaning of them for you it makes me cry just thinking of you two. I am so glad that you two found each other, and maybe one day I will actually get to meet Ryszard.
Post a Comment