Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This IS the Place~ Heritage Park

Every time we come to Utah to visit family I always make a few plans to do something fun, different and history related. Last year we visited the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine. Something I remember doing when I was little. {even if the only thing I really remembered about it was the really really really big tire my siblings and I would climb inside of} This year I wanted to check out the This is the Place Heritage Park.. Where Brigham Young had declared Utah as the place for  the pioneers to settle. What a site!  To me is Beautiful. but I can only imagine what my darling pioneer ancestor thought when they looked down on the Salt Lake valley. Seeing as they left lush green land behind in search for Zion. Bless their souls.  
Anyway  the Park is really beautiful. The boys really enjoyed just about everything we saw and did. for instance the little town play place: complete with a wooden train and fun cabins









There was also a fun little petting zoo:  (where Nicholas and Brock both had a pony ride, and where Nicholas enjoyed petting this little piggy!)








We loved visited lots of Replica, and original buildings, the Blacksmith, the Meeting house, Huntsman Hotel, I think our favorite was the school house:
 Where we meet the BEST teacher ever!



And two of the CUTEST students I've ever seen!
 
We learned about Discipline in the classroom. The "board of Education",

 the Dunce hat, 

and Brock's favorite (although I forgot what it was called)
but he had to stand on a tree stump face the wall, hold his hands behind him and place a book in each hand. (Brock thought it was great fun)

We did our reading assignment for the day,


 and even studied the Desert Alphabet.

 Where Brock and I wrote our names.

We then took a train ride to the creek







Where we did a little panning and found some GOLD!

 We also took a little train ride around the pond



 We had a great time.
 The best part. was the car ride home where Nicholas went form this:
to this:


in a matter of seconds!
Yep I'm always happy when my baby sleeps!



No comments: