Monday, June 6, 2011

There are some moments.

you know those moments after watching the news on devastating storms whether it be tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis,etc. And you go on with your life. You run your errands and while out your see signs for "aide" give for those who lost.
It all becomes a little surreal when those signs become aid for your own community.While at Costco on Saturday I saw a few of those signs and my immediate thought went to those in Joplin. and then after exiting the store I thought wow that for us.
Last week a Tornado touched down in a few surrounding communities. One being near the chapel where we go to church. I had Ryszard drive me around a little bit after church on Sunday to see things up close. He pointed out buildings that had become piles of ruble, massive trees that were uprooted and laying on their side now being cleared away.


I personally was unaffected. But after our quick drive around taking a few pictures and Hearing the Testimony of a few members that LIVED through the sights and sounds of the Tornado and came out with stronger faith in God.  My heart is full.  I was sent messages on facebook , phone calls from friends and family asking if we were okay.
I am blessed.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

So glad you are fine....it is surreal to see things like that so close. My heart goes out to those going through such destruction.

Julie said...

So scarey when it is so close to home. Glad you all are okay though.

tHEsIXpACK said...

I don't get to see the news too often.. I had no clue you were even near any danger :/ I'm happy your all safe! And I'm counting my blessings being far far away from all the bizarre natural disasters "knocking on wood". Love you all be safe and enjoy UTAH!!!