Saturday, April 16, 2011

Park, Children's Museum and more.

I often find myself planning days of activity for my boys. when the weather permits we go to the park I'll pack a lunch and extra water and we will spend the whole day at the park. Brock never tires of all the climbing structures, occasionally he will go down a slide or 2 but he mostly climbs up the stair down the stairs, up the slide, up the spider web rope, etc. And he stirs clear of the swings {he's not a big fan of those} Nicholas on the other hand is happy just running here and there and tries to climb the big stairs but I like him to stay on the smaller structures and he is happy with that. he's given up on the swing the past few park visits in favor of the slides. He'll climb the 4-5 stairs and then slide down {on his tummy feet first} every time, and then if I'm not right there at the bottom to guide him he'll plop down on his rear end! It always surprises him a little bit, but makes him smile too. So cute! On most days we spend 3-4 hours at the park and it takes a lot for me to get either of them to sit for a moment to drink some water, or eat a quick bite. Like I said my boys are ACTIVE!






















Yesterday I took the boys to the Children's Museum in Holyoke. with and change of clothes and some snacks packed we headed out. by the time we left to go home and have lunch they we ravenous. but here is some of the fun things we did that day:



























 Water table play


and climbing the curvy, bumpy tree {or whatever it is}


we had a little fun at some of the other exhibits but for the most part we stayed at these two structures. My boys were drenched when it was time to go so we had a quick snack while I took turns changing each of them out of the wet clothes. {Thanks goodness I remembered to bring them} and then a few days ago Nicholas was having fun wearing his brothers hat! he's such a ham!

2 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

Children's museums are the best!

Teresa said...

oh how fun...adorable children.....way to enjoy them.....time flys.