Sunday, October 3, 2010

Utah Trip Day 1: Family and Brock-itis.

The first thing we did was drive straight from the airport to my sister April's house to see the TWINS!
I was greeted by my very happy nephew Riley! I bent down and asked him if he knew who I was and he said Jocey! Then he gave me a huge hug! Oh melt my heart. Then it was on to see Sergio, April and the girls {nephew Tyler was sleeping}
Oh my goodness they are teeny but oh sooooooooo precious I only held Hailey for a few minutes when I realized she was hungry so I handed her off. Brock was so happy to have a buddy to play with. Nicholas had no problem warming up to my sister he was climbing up her back in no time.
then it was on to Mom's to drop off bags and while getting out of the car I mentioned to Brock that aunt Tammy was inside so he hurried in saying "tammy Ammy" which he now prnounces "Pammy" I don't know why he decided to say it that way but I'll go with it, because well it's cute. and Funny thing Nicholas has been super clingy this passed week but went right to my sister Tammy. I was a little shocked but happy that he felt comfortable with her.
We checked out my Mom's remodeled basement and had some dinner. Taco Soup. oh so yummy! And My sister Karilyn stopped by with a pumpkin pie so of course I had to have a few slices right. Now I know I just announced how happy I was to be back in my pre pregnancy jeans, and how could I eat pumpkin pie when I had such a struggle to lose the weight? well one it has great amount of beta carotene, and I had gone up and down the stairs at least a few dozen times already and would do a few dozen more so I figured I could handle a few pieces of pie! :) and if needs be I will do a few extra Ab workouts!
We spent some more time chatting, I showed my Mom and sister how awesome Brock is on the comptuer {using a website that they both use in their first grade classes} and they thought it was great how well he did, better than some of their first graders, {that made me proud, because one I don't let him play on the computer as often as some would think, and to know that he is doing some things just as well or better than a first grader is awesome! I am a proud Momma.}
And finally settled into bed.
during the time at my sisters' my mom had asked me is Nicholas had eczema, due to his left arm being all red and scratchy, I said no that's Brock ~Itis. meaning Brock loves to pinch and scratch his brother's arm while in the car. Does it make me happy
OH NO!
And he does get in trouble {he lost the privilege of playing "hoops" when we got to Nanni's house} But Until I am able to turn Nicholas around to sit forward facing I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. Because MOST of the time Brock is very gentle with Nicholas in the car, and holds his hand sweetly, but then they are those few days/ moments where he will pinch and scratch Nicholas so hard that it leaves red, rash looking ,scratched open marks. So if anyone has ever dealt with this issue please please please share your advise. I am willing to try just about anything.


{Sorry no pictures today but I will post some soon!}

1 comment:

Ambler Fam said...

YEAH I AM HOME... YOU ARE HERE IN UTAH!! Sorry bout yesterday, my flight was delayed and so there was no way to come down to Provo, GIVE ME A CALL SO WE CAN SCHEDULE SOME PLAY TIME!!! Love ya!!