Friday, September 10, 2010

I Love To See The Temple.

Part of the nightly bedtime routine includes me singing a few songs to the boys. I just start sing mostly songs form the children's song book we use in church. One of the songs, "I Love to see the Temple" is sung almost nightly. A few nights ago Brock actually sang the words with me. Well not all the words but the important ones. It was a very melt my heart, bring tears to my eyes moment. Brock recognizes quite a few songs, but this was the first time he actually sang with me.
What joy filled my soul knowing that he really is listening.

Yesterday while he was playing in the front room, he went and got his building blocks and said "pemple". {temple}
"You want to build a temple?" I asked
"Yeah!"
So we built a temple out of our blocks. I then asked him a few questions, not really expecting an answer.
"Brock what do we do in the temple?"
B: "Paay!" {pray} {this was the first time he'd said the word pray too!}
M: "Who do we go to the temple to be closer to?"
B:"geeges" {Jesus}
M: "That's right!, who taught you so much about the temple?"
B: "Mom!"

I can not even tell you just how happy that made me. Knowing that he is listening and learning. Oh the joy!

2 comments:

Allie said...

So sweet! By the way, when they first built the temple in San Diego, they had it open to the public for a tour so my parents took us to view it, I remember it being so absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!

marilyn said...

You are such a great mom. I love the temple too! so glad you are teaching him while he is young about the temple.