Saturday, July 17, 2010

Almost 6 months!

My little bear cub is growing up sooooooooooo fast. He's almost 6 months old now and I wonder where the time has gone!

I have a ton of picture of Brock and I together and realized I didn't have very many with just Nicholas and myself so I went outside and took a few. Nicholas was very willing to go along with it, and then when looking over the pictures I realized that in just about every shot he was looking up and away! oh well he's still cute.

Nicholas has been enjoying his first tastes. I was surprised at how fast he caught onto eating "food". His list of first foods is growing more and more so far he has tasted and devoured: blueberries, sweet potatoes, mangoes, peas, spinach, pears and carrots. He finished his first box of rice cereal and has made his way through more than half of a box of oats cereal. Last night he nibbled on his first pizza crust. {He was begging for some pizza so I gave in and let him have some crust. He LOVED it and was very unhappy when I took it away from him.} I am really excited to start the homemade baby food process again. Aside from the blueberries I haven't made anything, but I plan on making a bunch of stuff next week {applesauce, zucchini, squash, and I might just make a watermelon puree for him too.}
Nicholas is also crawling! {well kind of.} He's not on all fours yet but he loves to push his legs completely straight and launch his body forward. Usually towards Brock's many cars, and then of course Brock freaks out that Nicholas is going to get them and moves farther away. Then in turn making Nicholas inch forward yet again! Nicholas also wakes up is some very interesting positions and never where I put him down. He loves sleeping on his tummy and although I always put him to bed on his back he quickly finds his way on to his tummy. And tries to do it while asleep in my arms too!

Love this little guy so much!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love that first picture of him! Could he be any cuter?

marilyn said...

He is growing so fast. You have to get here quick so we can meet him. He is so adorable. Love the pics. Miss you guys.

The Samples Sampler said...

Wow! He is looking more and more like Brock everyday! You and your husband make very handsome babies!

Kelly Tillotson said...

oh, wow! jocelyn..hes such a doll! totally adorable. happy 1/2 way birthday little nicholas!!
*kelly

Teresa said...

Your boys have such beautiful eyes...just like Mommy.
Sweet pictures

Kathy said...

What cute little boys you have!!! I really like the black and white one of the two of you. The first one of Nicholas is adorable too! Good job!