Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Holding Nicholas

Brock has loved having baby Nicholas here. He is constantly coming into the room to look at baby Nicholas while he is in his biliblanket. Today he kept trying to pick him up so I decided to go ahead and let him hold Nicholas. He did so well! I basically just rested little Nicholas on his leg while we were sitting on the bed. Brock sat there with him pointing to Nicholas' head and nose and eyes for a full 10 minutes. I decided to take a hold of Nicholas' foot and hold it up to Brock's. Brock loved that and now wants to compare feet all the time! I would have gotten a picture, but I still think there is a need for close monitoring with these two boys. So hopefully one day soon I'll get around to getting some cute pics of the boys together.

On a side note,
Nicholas' Umbilical cord is off and he slept for a full 5 hour stretch last night. I decided that instead of waking him up to feed him I would wait for him to wake me up so I finished feeding him at 1:30 and then layed him down and we both went to sleep. At 6:00 I heard his sweet little cry and I was up to feed him again. When I looked at the clock and realized it had been 5 hours I smiled from ear to ear and gave Nicholas a kiss. Thanks for being such a great sleeper little one!

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Can't wait to see pictures of that!! I think it is all the talk you had with Brock about the baby before he was born that has prepared Brock to be such a great big brother. I hope he is always so careful and protective.

C Tam said...

You were really focused about preparing Brock for Nicholas, talking to him about it a lot before hand and it paid off!

Wow, I'm jealous of you getting that much sleep. My Little just started 5 hour stretches finally about a week ago.