Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Fun.

Merry Christmas! Brock decided to sleep in until almost 9:00am today, so we had a very relaxed morning. He was very fun to watch as he first ran right to daddy {who was by the tree waiting with video camera in hand to capture Brock's "excitement". After we pointed out the presents he immediately climbed up on some to get a closer look at the tree. Uncle Adrian had sent a special ornament for Brock that we opened last night and placed on the tree.
. Santa playing Basketball.
Brock loves it and wants to hold it constantly. {Thank you Uncle Adrian!} I think it has officially become his favorite!
We were finally able to convince him to open a gift and that is what he did. He opened his one gift and then became completely entranced with that one. We should have just stopped there. Slowly we got him to open each gift throughout the day. I thought it was funny that he didn't have a single reaction to anything. He just slowly tore at the paper piece by piece by piece and sometimes only a few tares and he was back to his previous opened gift. I'm thinking next year we will scale down a bit! My favorite gift Brock received has to be the car road blanket and cars he got from Nana. Brock loves cars and this blanket had everything! An airport, police station, fire station, school, and a basketball court {which Brock found right away.} I have a goal to make Brock a homemade gift every year and this year my gift to him was an I spy quilt and rag letters. Among some of his gifts were a V Tech Laptop, Chuck the talking truck, a Teddy Bear, a ton of Tonka cars and trucks, and a ride on CAT Dump Truck. Needless to say they are now way too many toys in the room, but he's been playing all day. Brock also received a few movies this year and we sat him down with lunch to watch his first movie: "CARS". I think he only watched a good 20-30 minutes before wanting to be back with his toys, which is fine with me. I'd rather he not become a couch potato just yet!

All in all it was a very fun Christmas. Brock is loving his new toys and I'm thinking I can put some of his others away for a little bit. {Most of you know I'm not big on toys, but Daddy is, and feels the need to spoil his little boy} What can us mothers do???

3 comments:

marilyn said...

Looks like Brock is staying very busy! Fun day.

Brianne said...

By next year he will probably be more interested in opening gifts. Owen wasn't too interested until he was 2. Holly wasn't interested at all this year!

C Tam said...

I want to see pics of the I Spy quilt you made!