We had a great Thanksgiving! Ryszard's Aunt Louise came up from Pennsylvania to visit. Brock had just woken up from a nap when she arrived so he was very well rested and excited. I was very happy to have an extra pair of eyes/ hands to keep an eye on him as we finished our dinner prep. I also invited a couple from our ward the Tam's over. They have a new little love {only 3 weeks old}, and I thought it'd be a nice way to give them some time out of the house, some good food, and friendly conversation , without having to worry about all the work. They are also moving pretty soon, so it may be the last time we are able to really spend some time together. {I was able to steal the baby for a few moments, what can I say I love holding newborn babies} plus Brock was in love with the baby too. He was very gentle and that makes me a little more at ease with having our little one due in just few months. Dinner was good, Brock has now discovered how to get out of his chair all on his own, so when he is done, he's done! although I went pretty simple on my menu this year I was still exhausted at the end of the day, but that didn't stop me from devouring my homemade pumpkin pie. {There were only a few pieces left this morning and I did show restraint and waited until 11:15 to finish it completely. In my defense, I only eat pumpkin pie once a year {thanksgiving} and this year I will blame it completely on the baby! }
We also invited our good friends the Mathieu's over for dessert last night too. So we had quite the houseful. and loved it! Brock had plenty of energy and quickly went down for the night when the time came. Our "Turkey Day" turned out pretty great!
Now I've got to figure out what to have for dinner. You can only eat so much turkey in 2 days time right, well maybe not!
3 comments:
You should make turkey a la king! I have a great recipe. If you want, I can facebook message it to you.
Blessed Thanksgiving-
We missed you. I've learned that 19 people in this house is A LOT! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Nice of you to share with others.
Post a Comment